As a deer longs for water, so I long for you, O God. – Psalm 42:1
I would like to update you on my situation with work and teaching the youth at my church. That verse is from the lesson I am currently preparing and it reminds me of the times I felt unsure as how to handle certain situations... Currently, I am still maintaining both my supervisor position and a role in the church, however staff elections are being held this coming Sunday, so things are about to change.
There are many times in our lives that we will feel distant from God, as if he has left us to our own decisions and expects us to make our way back to him so he can begin working with us again. Psalm 42 shows us how one might feel in this situation. I am learning to reflect on the times that I felt overwhelmed and asked God to help me through very minor situations. During those times, I was stressed for almost no reason and trusting Him with something I could not control is all I had to do.
Thinking back specifically to a time I over ordered product for the store I work at, though it was avoidable, I learned to not worry about the situation, but to trust God to give me the wisdom to make it right. If I haven't mentioned it in the past, I encourage you to write down situations that you feel troubled in, and reflect on what God is teaching you through them. If nothing else, they can show you how far you have come in your faith, or if you are not trusting God enough in the present.
Peace be with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment