And David danced before the Lord with all his might. And David was wearing a linen ephod.
– 2 Samuel 6:14
As I am beginning to write this, the time is 6:14 AM. I still get up early (some days are better) and read, pray, and drink coffee before I start my day. I hope to encourage you with this post to do the same, because it has really made a difference in my faith.
I have been through 1 Samuel and am working on 2 Samuel now, after Samuel has passed and after Saul has passed. We are now left with (now king) David who is still a character of great faith to the Lord. I cannot say I have made it even close to the same level of faithfulness that David had on this earth, yet I know the Holy Spirit is working in me and my conduct has changed because of that.
The reason I referenced this verse is that God has been showing my through the scripture stories of David that a good faith really comes down to having God's Spirit and conduct. David could have stood around giving thanks to God, avoiding criticism from his wife, yet he chose to dance "with all his might" before the Lord knowing that it may look foolish to some. David was not concerned about his appearance toward other people because he knew he was praising God with his dancing.
Sometimes as a manager at my job, I am in situations where I do have to conduct myself in a professional way because I am representing the company. When it comes to representing the Lord, look to the scriptures for spiritual conduct. However, when we are worshiping the Lord, we are only worshiping the Lord, and we are not worshiping our social media presence or a group of people watching us. If you feel self-conscious or intimidated, think of David's example here. He was recently appointed the king of all Israel, and brought himself to this lowly point so that he could worship the Lord for the blessings he received. When his wife eventually told him not he should not have done that, he rebuked her because he knew God's Spirit was with him, and David wanted to conduct himself in a way he knew how to honor God; "with all his might", unconcerned with a public opinion.
May God guide you in spirit and conduct today, so that you may experience his blessings and may your faith not be hindered by those who judge you and the Father. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment