Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Beginning and End

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14

If you have been reading through my faith journey, I have not been witing as regularily as I would like. On such a note, I want this to be my last entry. Though that may be the case, I have continued to learn and grow in my faith in the last two years since I began this in the spring of 2018.

Much has changed not only in me, but also in the world today. Civil unrest continues to grow everywhere. The next presidential election is nearly here. The United States is in such a divide that many people are unsure as to what will come next. The one thing however that we can always be sure of is our Lord, Jesus Christ. Looking at my own life, I have certainly learned to lean more on the Holy Spirit and allowed him to lead me more each day. In my opinion, that is exactly what our nation needs.

As much as that is the case, I know we are at a time now, more than ever, when people are avoiding the idea of God. Yet today, I want to focus on the verse I posted. At the beginnig of this journal, I was conflicted as to where God wanted me. At the end of my journal, I want to ensure you, the reader, that I am certain that God has placed me in my job for a purpose. I will continue to serve him there and in my church as long as I am permitted. God allowed me to become the store manager of the grocery store I work for, as well as a small group leader of youg adults in my church. The youth group has been discontinued, and God has given me a small number of 20-something-year-old adults to minister to. Now, I do not have a degree in ministry but I do believe that the Lord has shown me a lot over the past few years that I can encourage others with. Not to mention, having fellowship with them allows me to learn from their stories as well.

God has certainly brought people into my life to teach me things; including a man who continuously encourages me to memorize scripture. Today, I wrote one of those verses as an encouragement to anyone who may read this. Let God be in your heart, and meditate on Him and his word, so that he can be your reasoning. With so much unsettled in our world today, having a God to give us peace in trying times is the only way I can see a positive result at the end of whatever you would call our current state.

Lastly, as I close out this journal, I want to encourage you that at the beginning and end of every faith journey for a believer, is God. He has always been there, and always will be. He is the God of Israel and, because of Jesus, he is the God of us today.

May you find peace in your meditation on the Rock. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment