Friday, August 9, 2019

Old and New

Today, I read from the book of Matthew, where the Pharisees paid the Roman guard to lie about what happened to Jesus' body the night of his resurrection. If you're interested, it's chapter 28.

I have been posting a verse with the past few entries, but today I want to focus on one main point: redemption.

That's mainly what the Gospel is about, turning from our old ways and being brought to a new life in Christ. I think a lot of people never really get there. Sure, there are people out there who have been Christian all their life, yet still seem to give in to whatever the world may be tempting them with. I have been there myself. I have believed in God about two-thirds of my life, yet I cannot say that I have always followed Christ. Sure, I accepted His son for salvation, but I only in this past month or so, have I began to truly understand its meaning.

In my case, girls and popularity have always been a focus for me. I never had a lot of money growing up, so having whatever was cool at the time was never really an option unless I hung out with one of my friends who had what I wanted. Also, I felt that if I had the right girl around, everything would be great, yet I could never seem to make it work with them. Even my most recent, dead-end relationship, was supposed to last a long time, and she thought the same thing. Turns out God had different plans.

Today, I have a car that I bought for $800, I live with my mom because I owe money from college, and I just entered into a relationship with a girl I barely knew, yet she went to the same high school. However that stuff is not that important. The girl is great, and we get along really well. I have a good job, but because of my loans, I do not need an expensive car. Not to mention, I am capable of living on my own, though my mom offered me cheap rent, so I just plan on saving for a house eventually.

At the end of the day, I made some poor choices in regard to my faith, and would take them back if I knew what was coming, yet the results have brought me to where I am today. God has shown me so much in my life that needs work. I do not have it figured out yet, though I know there is no reason for me to have any of the old habits I did growing up. I have recently began to understand what it means to have a new life in Christ, and mainly because of my previous relationship, I was able to see the definition of that change in someone's life. She is doing well, and ultimately, I'm proud of her for being where she is. I cannot take back the choices her or I made, though I know God has used them to prepare me for a life of serving Christ.

Thank you for reading, and may God bless you in your life, as he has blessed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment