Monday, July 2, 2018

Wind and Mercy

One of my favorite worship songs is called "How He Loves Us" by David Crowder Band, which explains how deep the love of God is and our inability to fully understand it. In the lyrics, Crowder tells us that he (God) "loves like a hurricane" and that we are merely a tree in the storm of God's love. There are many good references to how Crowder perceives God's love, but I'm here to explain my own experience of God's "wind" and mercy in my life.

If you have ever been outside during a storm, the wind can be overwhelming. It can push against you, making it very difficult to continue in the direction you are heading. Wind can push against you, it can move other objects into your path, creating an obstacle for you (especially if a tree falls in the road you are driving on). Obviously I am using some analogies here, but the point is, God will allow us to experience some difficulty in order to show us that we need him. Yes, we can fight the wind (and God) but no matter how strong we are, the wind (and God!) can always be stronger. After all, we cannot win a fight against a hurricane.

Lately, God has been showing me a lot of mercy. God is showing me that I need to stop fighting His plan for me, and let go of what I want to do. The difficult part is allowing him to take over, especially because I have no idea what he wants to do with my life. I do not know if he wants me to stay at my job, or if he wants me to be more involved with my youth group (meaning I take over as the youth leader). I have not been praying like I should and I am realizing that in order to serve God, I must stop fighting against his wind. I have to turn around, so that the wind can take me where God wants me to go.

* * *

Everything prior to this is my words from over a week ago. I have not posted a blog since the 3rd of June, making this one day less than a month since my last entry. However, I feel like God has been working in my life since then. His wind has led me to read and to pray more. With that, and without these entries, I have felt God work more in me. That shows me that this was yet another thing I was putting before God's calling to draw closer to him. From now on you can anticipate shorter, if any, entries with more focus on what he is teaching me. I just finished studying Genesis 3, which taught me that Satan uses our weakest link to tempt us. Adam was mislead by his wife, which I imagine he loved and had a weak spot for, resulting in The Fall. Just the same, Satan uses our "weak spot" to turn us away form God. I have seen God's mercy in my life and after reading some scripture, where I learned God calls us closer to him through repentance and pursuance, I desire to learn more by reading more scripture. Which I can tell you does bring me closer to him, and further from our own desires to be "like God" as Satan tempts us.

No comments:

Post a Comment